Apple Pie Baking Contest
- This contest is open to bakers of all ages
- Pies must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Apples must be bought from a Farmers Market, if possible.
Each Pie must be made from scratch and based in a 9” – 10” pie plate. You may not use pre-made store-bought crust.
All pies become property of the Des Moines Farmers Market .
All contestants must give permission to have their photos taken and allowed to be used in the marketing of the DMFM.
- Judging will start at 11:30 am.
Criteria – Each pie will be judged on the following, out of 100 possible points
- Overall Appearance – points 1-20
- Taste– points 1-40
- Overall Impression – points 1-2
- Creativity – points 1-20
- Each judge assigns a numerical value in each criteria category, without consultation with
the other judges.
- The pie receiving the highest total numerical value is the winner. The Pie Contest
Committee will tally the judging sheets.
- In the case of a tie, the judges will judge those pies again.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Prizes will be given out for First Second and Third place.
Contest continues rain or shine.
For more information call Susie Novak 509-869-0051